The Nigerian government has launched initiatives to expand mobile broadband use nationally and has not regulated or restricted online or mobile payments. Nigerian businesses that accept online payments must comply with the credit card companies’ standards and regulations and the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
Payment Card Network Regulations also apply:
- Card account number
- Name as it appears on the card
- Card expiration date as it appears on the card
- Cardholder’s statement address
- Assess if the card has a start date and keep it on record
- Obtain a contact number and the name of the issuing financial
* MasterCard requires that merchants comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
* American Express (AMEX) recommends that goods shipped only be done to the cardholder’s billing address.
One Payment Limited (DPO) is a licensed Payment Service Provider by the Central bank of Nigeria (CBN), (AIP) under the Payment Systems Act of 2007.