Botswana has a transparent legal infrastructure to regulate Payment Service Providers, managed by the Bank of Botswana under the Electronic Payment Service Regulations 2019.
VCS Botswana (DPO Group’s representative in Botswana) is operating under the guidelines of the Bank of Botswana while working on obtaining a license accordingly. Merchants in Botswana can register with DPO and transact online.
Payment Card Network Regulations also apply:
- Card account number
- Name as it appears on the card
- Card expiration date as it appears on the card
- Cardholder’s statement address
- Assess if the card has a start date and keep it on record
- Obtain a contact number and the name of the issuing financial
* MasterCard requires that merchants comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
* American Express (AMEX) recommends that goods shipped only be done to the cardholder’s billing address.
DPO Group registered is a Payment Service Provider (PSP) operating under the National Payment System Act.