Businesses that accept online payments must comply with the payment card network regulations and the PCI DSS.
Visa required the following data be collected:
- Card account number
- Name as it appears on the card
- Card expiration date as it appears on the card
- Cardholder’s statement address
- Assess if the card has a start date and keep it on record
- Obtain a contact number and the name of the issuing financial
* MasterCard requires that merchants comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
* American Express (AMEX) recommends that goods shipped only be done to the cardholder’s billing address.
DPO is a licensed Payment Service Provider duly regulated by the Reserve Bank of Malawi (RBM) under the Payment Systems Act 2016.