Accept Online Payments in
The untapped eCommerce space creates a growth opportunity for Malawian businesses. Get paid online in MWK, USD, GBP and other currencies when your customer’s checkout using DPO Pay.
We Partnered With
To make it easier for you to get paid, we connected with key players in Malawi to facilitate your online payments and accept credit and debit card payments.
Who can open an account with DPO?
We provide online payment solutions to Merchants of all industries and sizes. Our integrations specialists tailored the DPO Pay solution for eCommerce businesses, airlines, travel & tourism, educational institutions, insurance companies and the hospitality sector.
Regulations of online payments in Malawi
Businesses that accept online payments must comply with the payment card network regulations and the PCI DSS.
Visa required the following data be collected:
- Card account number
- Name as it appears on the card
- Card expiration date as it appears on the card
- Cardholder’s statement address
- Assess if the card has a start date and keep it on record
- Obtain a contact number and the name of the issuing financial
* MasterCard requires that merchants comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
* American Express (AMEX) recommends that goods shipped only be done to the cardholder’s billing address.
DPO is a licensed Payment Service Provider duly regulated by the Reserve Bank of Malawi (RBM) under the Payment Systems Act 2016.